Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter 2013



I would love to this post to be about how beautiful and reverent our Easter was. But it wasn't. We all woke up on the grumpier side of the bed and between basket hunting, potty training, pregnancy woes, a hectic breakfast, and one particularly tired half of the parenting team the morning left a lot to be desired. I didn't do a anything this year to focus on the Savior and the true meaning of this special holiday.  At one point I asked Leah if she knew why we celebrated Easter, when she replied, "Because that's when Jesus died for us and made it so we can be a family forever." I liked that answer, high-fived her, and didn't bring it up again.

Now, it's not that I don't understand the reverence of this day. I do. But I've been learning that sometimes, it's okay to mail it in. I do respect this season and what it represents. Recently I finished reading Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage; it has helped me see so much. My spirit has been more opened to the greatness that was achieved through the act of Atonement and then Resurrection. I have felt the beginnings of a more true testimony of Christ as my Savior.

All in all, going to church helped out family to reset a little bit. The kids came home a little more quiet, Matt and I were able to wake up some, and we each received beautiful messages of the gospel individually.

No comments: