Thursday, July 31, 2008

Please Help Me Out and Leave a Comment

Alright Designers Extrordinaire! What should I do with this space? I know, I know, I should probably just call over my two brilliant older sisters who can make any space look like a million bucks. Maybe I'll luck out and they'll see this post and comment on it (hint hint). Although I wanted to put this out into the internet space for everyone to help me. I'm lost.


This is where the fish tank used to be and now it's just a wall and a mirror with a shelf underneath it. I've been debating on whether or not to make the frame black rather than the cream-ish and silver that it is (like I need more blandness on my bland walls). I'd like it black for now, but I think in the house that we will one day purchase the cream-ish frame won't look too bad on walls with an actual color on it. Ideas anyone? I could just keep it as the gift staging area.

4 comments:

Snell Family said...

I'm sure you already know my opinion considering everything in my house is either black or dark brown. I say black since the walls are cream but I think on a colored wall I would leave it the color it is.

Tracy said...

You know I love black. I think it would look nice to rub black on and let a bit of the creamy peek through. Black looks great on colored walls too, but you could always rub a lighter tone back over it later when you're decorating a different room.

Amber said...

I third that-black! You could get a vase to put on the shelf and put some twirly twig things or flowers in it. Candles are always good to put on shelves and I'm also a huge fan of pictures! But I do like the present stand as well, as long as maybe one time the present could be for me!

Nicole said...

I also say paint it black. We have color on our walls and have a few frames that are solid black. I really like it. On the table I would either do a tall vase or something like that jar Tracy just got. It just depends on what would be less interesting for Leah to want to play with.