Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Austin Matthew

May 1 was destined to be a day of irregularities. The weather was snowy, then sunny, then overcast. And we had a baby- 15 days early. It's a little unreal to me that I should have a one week old baby, and yet yesterday we celebrated three weeks of his life.


Our little Austin Matthew came around 8:30 PM, May 1 after I was admitted into the hospital with preeclampsia. My labor and delivery was quite short after being induced (only about 2 1/2 hours from start to finish), and our Austin made it here safe and sound and perfect. 

Matt and I feel beyond blessed to have this little guy sent to our family. He is special and has brought the sweetest spirit into our home. Leah and Parker are enamored with Austin, and he has his parents wrapped pretty snuggly around his tiny fingers as well. He's my smallest baby with a birth weight of 6 lbs. 14 oz., but tall like his brother at nearly 21 inches. Matt and I feel that with his super skinny legs and arms and all that extra length, he was meant to be big like Parker (my 9 pounder). However, Heavenly Father had other plans and sent him to us a little too early to fill it all out. That's fine by me, we'll bulk him up quickly.

2 comments:

Amber said...

He is adorable and I love him! Congrats!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Aw, what a sweetheart. I love that picture. Congratulations, Melanie on such a beautiful, perfect baby boy!