Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Huh?

Leah woke up one morning and said, "Mom, my finger is itching." Okay, so itch it. Big deal, right? Later that morning she showed me her finger and this is what I saw:

 Notice her middle finger. Red, swollen, small dots on it. Okay... nothing on any of the other fingers on that hand. I compared it with her other hand, the only other affected finger was her other middle finger. What? Two middle fingers with the same issue and no other fingers even remotely resembling the issue?

Finally I called the doctor and they suggested it was probably wasn't a bug bite (two fingers on opposite hands), poison ivy or something similar (not affecting the rest of her fingers) but hives. They think she had an allergic reaction to something (although I CANNOT for the life of me figure out what) and this is how hives present on her. Alright, I've had hives: stomach, arms, legs hives. Not fun. This was so odd.


What's a mom to do? Drug her up with some Benadryll and wait for the swelling to go down. Which it did within 24 hours.

2 comments:

The Lambert Family said...

Wow that is crazy! And on both hands?

Neff Family said...

Oh sad little finger. Poor Leah.