Monday, October 11, 2010

The Norm

I really hate seeing TWO WEEKS AGO underneath my blog link on others blogs. I'm going to remedy that now, even if I have not so much to blog about.

You know how typically life varies between being too crazy and too boring. Okay, maybe it doesn't for you. But I feel that I go through these crazy hectic periods for a couple weeks at a time that are followed by a dense week or two of nothing. Nothing to do, no one to see, no projects unfinished (minus my entire home decor), no projects to do, no talks or lessons or activities to prepare. Nothing. I'm not knocking down those weeks of nothing, sometimes having nothing to do is bliss. I know a few people who would love a few weeks of nothing to do.

Now is neither of those times. What?

Yeah, I feel like I have just enough going on. I'm not overwhelmed and I'm not underwhelmed. It's sort of weird. Where did my norm go? Oh yeah, I'm looking at the calendar. The start of the crazy hectic thing is coming up next week. But seriously, the last couple of weeks have been awesome.

6 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I feel the same way. I wonder sometimes if it's because of my life stage, like things will ALWAYS be hectic and busy once my kids are school aged. But for now, I'm glad to have slow weeks from time to time. It's nice.

Dynamic Chiropractic said...

I prefer life to not be hectic. I try to do everything I can to keep it from becoming that way. I stay plenty busy running my household of almost 8, but above and beyond what i do here I like to keep it very low key.

The Kari said...

I love those moments! I think my spirit stays calmer during those weeks when I have just enough to keep me busy and feeling productive but not so overwhelmed that I can't think straight. I'm glad you have some time like that to enjoy! It was fun to talk to you at the concert - I agree! I was hoping we'd have more time to do so after. ;)

Amber said...

Our schedule is that way too. It seems that everything happens at once and then nothing. And then everything again. Being busy makes me appreciate the days, moments and times that I'm not busy and can just relax!

mallorymallorah said...

I am in the crazy hectic phase right now and just came off of a crazy boring phase. LOL. I envy your "in-between" enjoy it!
PS> Thanks for the words of encouragement Mel. How did HCG turn out for you?

mallorymallorah said...

!4 lbs that's really good Mel. I have only lost 11 so far on the 500 cal portion too. I hope to have the same luck you did losing a few more during maintenance. (That's what happened during my last round anyway...I start maintenance tomorrow-fingers crossed.)