Thursday, May 20, 2010

Heard in our Home

Two days ago
Leah:  "Mom, Santa asked me to marry him and I said yes. We're going to the temple to get married like you and Daddy."
Me:  "Why are you going to marry him?"
Leah:  "He gives me presents."

Parental pass or fail? Sure, she wants to get married in the temple, but any boy that gives her a present is now considered marriage material.

 
This morning
Leah, with a look of wonder:  "Hey mom, what's that noise in my ears?"
Me:  "Does it sound like a buzzing noise?"
Leah:  "Yeah."
Me:  "Your ears are ringing. The buzzing will probably stop soon."
Leah:  "Don't you dare take it away!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't know if I can scare Santa away with my big shotgun . . . . hmmmm.

Unknown said...

Santa wouldn't be the worst person in the world to be married to. Think of it this way, she likes the gifts you guys give her and she wants someone who will treat her the same way. I say parental pass. I like her logic. :)

Snell Family said...

At least they're getting married in the temple! When we would tease Kaleb about having a girlfriend he would say he was going to marry a boy and have all boy babies. Kids say some funny stuff!

Carl and Steph said...

I think it's a pass. Santa is a pretty good, careing, and giving guy. That's what she's looking for in a mate apparently. So I vote pass.