Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Phoebe: "Nesele Toulouse... Oh, you Americans always butcher the French language."

I just made a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Probably not noteworthy to most of you out there, but it is to me. Let me tell you why. I am a habitually terrible chocolate chip cookie maker. TERRIBLE. Too flat, too crispy. I made the kind of cookies that make milk dipping a necessity, not an option.

Not today though! Thanks to Pintrest (it'll be the first time Matt will be thanking that website) I found this website and I now posses the knowledge to make a good cookie. The soccer-mom chocolate chip cookies. The all-the-kids-in-the-neighborhood-flock-to-your-house chocolate chip cookies. Baked (! I can hardly believe it myself), soft, chewy, and just the right amount of brown on the outside to keep the goo on the inside.
http://theperfectchocolatechipcookie.com/instruct.php
 The picture above shows all the wrong ways to make a cookie and details why they were made wrong; well, example one is the perfect cookie. For reference: prior to this tutorial my cookies turned out like example 4 every time (with the exception of one time when it didn't look like any of the examples and tasted really, really weird). First time trying this recipe and following the instructions they turned out like example one. What?!?

My hips are about to get very cushy... well, more cushy.

4 comments:

Andrew and Lori said...

I am totally going to try this. Today even. Mine come out horrible everytime!! I would like a talent, this could be it!

The Dahle Family said...

Hmmm, by looks, I think number 9 looks perfect. Of course, the real test is the taste!

Amber said...

I too sucked at making chocolate chip cookies (I blame our altitude) until I found the Mrs. Fields recipe on April's blog. It makes the best cookies ever! Happy baking!

mallorymallorah said...

I stink at making cookies so you're definitely not alone. I was just given a fantastic choc chip cookie recipe and it has changed my life! I'll post it on my blog if you're interested :) Have fun experimenting!