Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Leah's Preschool Graduation

Leah has had so much fun at preschool. She's really come into her own and grown up a lot. Leah has been reading with assistance for months now and is just now starting to sound out words and read on her own. This year Leah was able to be in a class with all her friends from church. I'm so glad she had that time with them to build some fun friendships, because this coming kindergarten year Leah will split from the group and join Tyler at Jordan Ridge Elementary.

Our ward is split in half by a very major road. Unfortunately this road is also a school boundary break. Every single child her age lives in the other half of the ward. I've been pretty bummed that she wouldn't be joining them in school for a while now. It's just going to take a little more effort on my part to make sure their schedules don't get in the way of their friendships (Leah will be going to a year round schedule and the other kids will be traditional).

And now: a clip (or two) from the program, "The Oversized Turnip."

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats to Leah! What huge accomplishments! I know how you feel about her friends all being in the other school. Our ward covers at least four HIGH schools, and I have no idea how many elementary schools. You'll find ways to keep those friendships alive!

Lindsay Quinney said...

I cannot believe she is going to be in kindergarten. Our ward was two different elementary schools too when I was growing up.

Kari said...

I stumbled upon your blog and I gotta that I love the videos of the kids. It reminds me of how open to life kids are and in the moment they are. Most adults would be serious and stiff and quiet while the kids are just loving it and vocal about it! Very cute.