Monday, March 16, 2009

Meanwhile

As many of you, well at least one of you anyway, have noticed I've been changing the look of my blog a lot lately. I can't seem to commit to one thing, none of it seems just right. The header is wrong, the layout is wrong, I can't seem to find anything to post about...

Okay well that's not entirely true. Matt's little sister, Emily, was married last week. Considering the snow showers that we were expecting the blue skies that we received were very welcome, in spite of the cold chill that kept whipping around.

Leah absolutely loved Emily's 'fancy beautiful dress' and couldn't wait to get into her own fancy dress (that Leah would be donning at the reception).

The reception was beautiful. We'd all spent the previous evening fixing up a cultural hall and it turned out really nice. BONUS, now I know how to tie bows! A good friend of mine made Emily's cake and I have to say she is ridiculously talented in this department. Would you guess that this is only April's second wedding cake? And only her third time ever working with fondant? I know, pretty amazing!
Here's Leah in her 'fancy Sleeping Beauty dress'. She L O V E S this dress! And I have to say, she looks really cute in it. Of course, lots of pink tulle will do that to a girl.


5 comments:

Carl and Steph said...

Matt's littlest sister will be getting married before we know it, sheesh. That last picture of Leah is stunning. I want a poofy tulle dress too....

Lindsay Quinney said...

Leah is so dang cute!! Alright so i have tried and tried to do the stuff you taught me but when i try to put it on my blog it says there are too many characters. I am just going to need to bring my laptop over so you can show me again!!

Mirien said...

Don't stress about the blog look--I just read what's on it. I can't even remember what it used to look like, but maybe I'm just not very observant. Or maybe I just don't want everyone else to get all fancy and then I'll feel like I have to re-do my own blog. And I don't need that guilt, so keep it simple, OK?

Unknown said...

Those are some really cute pictures of Leah! What a great dress!
I would never want to tackle making a wedding cake, so that is impressive. Especially for so little experience!

Amber said...

I am glad that the wedding went well and I think Leah looks absolutely adorable in her dress, so cute! And if you haven't noticed, I've changed my blog background like 4 times in the past week, it's a very important thing!