Friday, May 30, 2008

Her Very Own...


We bought a Leah-sized stroller last weekend and she hasn't been without it since.


Everywhere Leah goes, the stroller goes too. My carpet has wheel marks everywhere.


She carries most anything she can in that stroller. I've seen dolls, Magna-Doodles, diapers, baby wipes (isn't it wonderful having a child that can get diaper changing gear for you), and sippy cups. This is my favorite: Baby Beans (my favorite doll from my childhood) and a beanie baby all wrapped up in one of her rag-blankets. At random moments, I'll see Leah take out one of the dolls and hold it over her shoulder and pat it's back saying, "It's okay, it's okay."

Also, as a side-note, we took Leah to see Horton Hears a Who on Memorial Day. I don't know what all the hype about this movie was. I thought it was sort of dumb. I like the story, as in the book story, but the movie was not nearly as good as I thought it would be. I guess Leah sat through it just fine. But, I think that's mainly due to the seemingly endless supply of pop we kept letting her drink. Although, she did love the, "EH-MEN," (elephant for those who need translation). I don't know, children's movies just aren't what they used to be. What happened to the classics like: Aladdin, The Lion King, and Beauty and The Beast? Good stories, great music, something everyone could enjoy. Oh, the good old days.


2 comments:

Paul said...

That's so cute! And I remember Baby Beans! I think Miriam had that doll, but it was nowhere near the condition yours is in by the time she was through playing with it. I'm pretty sure it hit the trash many years ago. Leah certaintly has a little mothering instinct though.
I totally agree with you about movies these days. I haven't braved the movie theatre with Benjamin yet, but I also haven't been following kids movies too closely for a long time. They've gotten so lame! I'm glad Leah had fun!

Neff Family said...

Cohen takes his stroller everywhere too. It's really cute. We also didn't really "get" the hype on Horton.