Thursday, January 31, 2008

President Hinckley



Tyler and Katy, I hope you don't mind that I stole your video.

I've had very mixed emotions over the last few days about President Hinckley's passing. As I'm sure most everyone has thought, it is very strange to realize that the prophet I have looked at most of my life- is gone. Of course, this feeling is always accompanied by the ever present knowledge that President Hinckley was reunited with his wife once again. It is such a comfort to know that this church will always function regardless of death and loss. A new prophet will be sustained and the Church will go on as before; continuing to receive latter-day revelation. Now, as we move on from the Hinckley Era I am excited to know that I will come to love and appreciate all that the next Prophet has in store.

No comments: